Tuesday, October 2, 2007

By the Powerus Grascol

GhostproofBlanket: Have you ever heard of Grayskul?
BoyleRoche: He-Man master of the universe grayskull?
GhostproofBlanket: When I was a kid I thought, the whole time, that he was saying "By the powerus grascol!" and always wondered what he was talking about. Even though he was standing right there, in front of the gray skull.
BoyleRoche: ...
GhostproofBlanket:I think the confusion came from the fact that that was Skeletor's house? Wasn't it? So I didn't put together why he would even be over there. But anyway no I meant this Grayskul
GhostproofBlanket: i think i mostly just like their production
BoyleRoche: I like that production as well, not just the same beat repeated over and over
GhostproofBlanket: From an itunes user review about them: "Music that has any lasting appeal has to relate to you on a personal level. No matter how cool it sounds initially, rapping about zombies, superheroes and ninjas has no bearing on real life."
GhostproofBlanket: You ain't from where I'M from, son!
BoyleRoche: keepin' it REAL we got some HEAVY shit out hizzah
Ghostproof Blanket: I'm bout to cut a zombie bitch

From 2005's "Deadlivers": (buy)
Grayskul - Prom Quiz

From "Bloody Radio": (buy)
Grayskul - Scarecrow

No comments: