Friday, January 2, 2009

My Favorite Songs from 2008, Part 1

Yes I know I'm late, I was away until Wednesday. This is by no means a comprehensive list, just some stuff I listened to constantly but never got around to posting.

Busy Signal - Tic Toc (div share)
I posted the MIA and Rye Rye's remix over at RFC in October.

Fannypack - The Theme From Frank (via RCRD LBL)

The Heavy - Colleen (div share)

Q-Tip - Won't Trade (div share)
Sure, it's more of the same Q-Tipness; the album sounds like a slightly more modern follow-up to "The Love Movement" but who cares? When I eat Arby's it's because I specifically want the taste of Arby's. It's delicious and I know exactly what I'm getting every time.

Trey Songz - Paper Planes Freestyle
(div share)
This wins best of the 1,000 remixes this song got. That said, I'm completely comfortable with not hearing any version again for about 3 years.

Dan Black - HYPNTZ
(div share)
I don't know anything about Dan Black -this song was sent to me- but he seems to earnestly love the original as much as I do.

Walter Meego - Forever (Van She Tech rmx) (div share)

Second half to come tomorrow, bleep blorp tiredness, 2009: EVERYTHING'S FINE.

No comments: