Friday, January 16, 2009

Hats Off.

Tomorrow I'm joining 4,000 other people in a citywide volunteering effort in honor of MLK. It's put together by a great organization I'm active with, and I agreed to pass out waivers and answer questions, etc. Cool, awesome, happy to do it. But today I learned that I have to wear a logo hat. I HATE HATS, the majority of them make me look dumb, and I prefer my community organizing to be 100% headwear-free. The salve on this wound is that per my registration name badge, people will have to address me as "Unicorn" all day. Next step: legal name change.

Hey p.s., if you don't volunteer and don't know where to start this site is a great jumping off point. Or check out all these! It's good for your healf. No for real, it makes you discover a whole new heart inside your heart of hearts. Dooo eeet.

Later on Saturday I'm headed to Schuba's for Thunderheist and Hey Champ! at the Tomorrow Never Knows fest. Zebo and Hey Champ! are my new favorite Chicago discoveries and these songs have been coloring my world this week.

T-Pain - Can't Believe It (Hey Champ! rmx) (divshare)

Donna Summer - Sweet Romance (Zebo rmx) (divshare)

No comments: