Monday, December 22, 2008

C.C.R.E.A.M. (Christmas Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)

There's two more days until I head back east for some Philly/Brooklyn time but the overconsumption is well underway. This SNL video is still making me laugh on the dozenth viewing, as my office is exactly like this one right now and I am behaving exactly like Fred Armisen. You're gonna have to take me to cookie court. Guilty as charged, Your Honor. Cookie crimes.

I'm supposed to compile a "best of 2008" list for Radio Free Chicago this week. Does anyone actually read these? I know I don't give a crap what anyone else's list is and I certainly don't expect anyone to care about mine - the only reason they're useful is to grab songs I never got around to downloading earlier (I need four more songs for the complete Fleet Foxes album). Anyway, in the spirit of sharing I give you my favorite remix of 2008. Metronomy is great, the video for the original of this song is fantastic, and this remix is the #1 dance party anthem of the year in club My Room.

Metronomy - Radio Ladio (Mac 3000 mix) (div share)

And still no stateside release for "Nights Out." What gives?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's pretty banging. You've put me on to some right good stuff recently - thank you kindly and Happy New Year!
D