Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Mixtape Recovery Project, Part 1

Basically everything I own is currently in a storage unit next to the Brooklyn Bridge. I miss almost none of it, except when I have the occasional "aw I can't believe I didn't bring that!" about something I don't really need at all, I just want right that second. One could argue that no one needs analog tapes anymore but since May I've been wanting the two perfect hip-hop mixes I've had for years and years. One fell into my hands in college, and I've copied it for so many people so many times I got used to hearing it in the rooms and cars of vague acquaintances and strangers. The second one was made for me in 2001 by an ex whose roommate in Oakland had an amazing vinyl collection. These prized possessions have been living on borrowed time for so long that I needed to recreate them electronically anyway, and this is the first part of my attempt to round up these songs.

The High and Mighty - Dirty Decibels
(divshare)
(buy)

The Coup - Swervin
(divshare)
(buy)

Jugganots - Clear Blue Skies
(divshare)
(buy)

M.O.P - Handle Ur Bizness (Premier Remix)
(divshare)
(buy)

Cannibal Ox - Iron Galaxy
(divshare)
(buy)

No comments: