Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I Don't Get It.

Went to the Black Kids / Cut Copy show last night at Studio B. I was feeling crappy and running on no sleep so I ended up leaving before Cut Copy even came on. The early exit also had to do with the fact that Black Kids was the sloppiest, jangliest mess I've heard in a long time. Everyone else seemed to love it, I guess I must be allergic...allergic to funkiness. Modern funk is my musical kryptonite, the province of unimaginative weddings and state-school party bands. Congratulations Black Kids, you broke my spirit! Please keep your youthful funky exuberance out of my ear holes forever.
If anyone caught Cut Copy's set though, tell me how it was. I'm really curious and sad that I missed them.

Today is lovely and mentally I'm on a blanket in the park right now. Some sunny day folk, old and new:

Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young - Suite Judy Blue Eyes (alt link)

Findlay Brown - Don't You Know I Love You (alt link)
(myspace)

Janis Ian - From Me to You (alt link)

Devendra Banhart - Hey Mama Wolf (alt link)
New fave celeb couple! "My Ban-berry Nights," I just died.

No comments: