Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What Would Trina Do?


It's one day til Hump Day, but isn't every day Hump Day for Trina?

Trina feat. Missy Elliot - I Got a Bottle (buy)

So last Saturday a friend and I went out dancing to cheesy dancehall, as it had been way too long since that happened. The scene: A Lower Eastpacking District restaurant/bar. The time: Around 2 a.m. We were both three drinks in over the course of four hours, which (shamefully) puts me at still-fairly-sober. A man of about 45 with terrible facial hair and weested-eyes zeros in on me and comes over.

Creepy Drunk Goateed Uncle-Type Dude: (tries to take my hand)
Me: (pulls hand away)
CDGUTD: It's okay! (?)
Me: (tries to ignore CDGUTD, keeps dancing)
CDGUTD: (leans in way too close) Are you alright? Do you know where you are?
Me: What? Yeah I'm all set. (grabs friend, moves several feet away)
Rachel: Did that guy ask you if you knew where you were? Maybe he roofied someone earlier, but he forgot exactly who.
Me: Don't talk that way about the man I love.

Trina probably would have thrown her drink in his face and made him buy her a new one, but my tack of waiting until security eventually threw him out worked too.

No comments: