Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rock, brah!

The audience for the Spoon show at Terminal 5 last night could best be described as a veritable buffet of brosephs, bankers, and the women who love them. Oh well, cheers to Spoon's success. They played a long set with two encores, and sounded pretty much perfect. Actually as Rachel noted, if anything they sounded slightly too perfect and clean to be completely riveting. It wasn't until about seven songs in that they started sounding like a full-on rock band, but then that might have more to do with the grit of "Nefarious" and other pre-"Girls Can Tell" Spoon. Anyway, hearing this song was the #2 highlight of the night for me. The #1 was when we saw two dudes jump in the air and double high-five each other when the band did "I Turn My Camera On" as the final encore.

Spoon - Nefarious
(buy)

2 comments:

Taraesque said...

Hilarious write-up on that show, and pretty accurate too. Nefarious was the highlight for me, without a doubt. I've never seen them play it live before. They should have played more songs off Girls Can Tell, and maybe a couple off Series of Sneaks too.

Ghostproof Blanket said...

That's what I was hoping for too - I like 'em best when they're rough around the edges. I feel like their later stuff doesn't often show off that (hot) quality that Britt's voice can have.