Monday, September 10, 2007

To my Scandinavian readership

If you are a rap group and you are from Helsinki, I think a good name for your band would be Big Finnish. I don't know why a rap group, in particular; I guess because that sort of bravado is a hallmark of the genre. But really I'm probs just thinking of Mister Cee the Finisher. Love me, love my addiction to urban radio.

If you are a Chinese rapper, though, you should definitely call yourself "Chinesus." My friend once woke up laughing after she dreamed that our other friend introduced her new Asian boyfriend by saying, "he's called Chinesus. But I call him Japanesus!"

Architecture in Helsinki - Heart It Races (DJ Rupture mix)
via KEXP's song of the day podcast, subscribe!

They're from Sweden, not Finland, but for theme's sake:
Snook - Hip Hop

No comments: