Monday, September 3, 2007

Fresh hell

Allow me to direct your attention to the Itunes celebrity playlist of Amy Grant, who my mother used to torment me with in the eighties when she was in one of her crazy "let's be really Christian all of the sudden/ I'm going to have faith healers pray on you to cure your recurring strep throat" phases. I mean Amy Grant's own music is horrible, so naturally she's going to listen to the softest of rock, the litest of FMs. But Jesus Christ (sorry Amy), it is literally the worst dentist office music playlist ever invented. "Walking in Memphis." "I Can't Make You Love Me." "You've Got a Friend." Be more of a cliche, please. I wonder what would happen if someone played her, like, Mastadon or Mobb Deep. She would probably burst into flames. I don't want to start rumors, but I've heard it's actually the only way she can be killed.

Metric - Wet Blanket
http://www.emilyhaines.com/

No comments: