Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Mmm...white chocolate.


I had dismissed Jamie Lidell as Beck-lite until I caught his live show, where he and his laptop looped and beep-borped their way into my heart.

Jamie Lidell - Multiply (In a Minor Key)

Good for Robin Thicke! I am happy he has found crossover success, although I still prefer his first album. Also, he could really stand to lose the odd 1990s facial hair. [buy]

Thicke - Flowers In Bloom

Honeycut, I just realized, is the only act listed here that hails from the good ol' US of A, and they're also the least white chocolatey. Coincidence?

Honeycut - Shadows

The first time I heard this song I thought it was Robin Thicke, but it's Fink. British, sometimes folky, sometimes bluesy.

Fink - Pretty Little Thing

I know Jamiroquai is as corny as Jay Kay's collection of terrible hats, but this remains one of my favorite sunny day songs. I'm not too proud to share it with you.

Jamiroquai - Half the Man

No comments: