Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sorry


Oh, Hot Chip. I thought the somewhat-barebones jangle of "Coming On Strong" was a snoozer, and I wrote you off. Then you picked up the pace with "The Warning," which had a couple of real gems and I started to warm up. When I saw the video for "Over and Over" my feelings cooled, because I am shallow and kind of wished you were less twerpy looking. And I'll just say it: loved the beats, lukewarm on the vocals. But this. This song is undeniable. You've broken me. I love you now. This is like that time someone made me watch an "Absolutely Fabulous" marathon and at first I squirmed my way through all the Britishisms and the sweetie-darlings and then after three hours I achieved complete saturation and suddenly found it hilarious. It's like I always say, tenth time's the charm.

Hot Chip - Shake A Fist
For extra bounciness:
Hot Chip - My Piano

No comments: