Monday, March 15, 2010

The Her Wants What it Wants





My (crazy talented) friend Tom asked me for some hip hop recommendations last week so I made him a mix. For a 24-hour turnaround, I think it's a pretty good representation of what I've liked in the past eight months or so? I'm posting it here because partly I'm too lazy to generate any real content, the Mixtape Recovery Project posts are popular, and because part of me wants this blog to get shut down so I'll be forced to make good on my threats to take my randomness over to Tumblr.

1. Gucci Mane - Dangers Not a Stranger (Diplo Remix)

2. Snoop and Kid Cudi - That Tree

3. Lil Wayne and T Pain - Waist of a Wasp

4. U God - Lipton [ysi]

5. Kid Cudi Simple As

6. Shine Blockas - Big Boi ft Gucci Mane

7. D-Lo - NoHoe (Remix) f/ E-40, Jacka & Beeda Weeda [ysi]

8. Fat Joe - Slow Down (Ha Ha)

(I like this "ha ha" better though)

9. Freeway & Jake One - One Thing feat. Raekwon

10. Jams Dean - No Stopping [ysi]


PS: If you watch this Law and Order: Sexy Victims Unit clip with the CC "transcribe audio" on it's pretty funny.

PS PS: This Elle interview with Tracy Morgan is the best thing I read on the train this week. Only part of it is online, but if you're in line at the grocery store or something: back page.

previously on GPB:


No comments: