Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mixed Bag

This site started as a way to distribute stuff I was already e-mailing to friends who asked for mp3s after I played them at parties, and then also sort of turned into a depot for my inane ramblings, so I've never considered it a music blog. As such I ignore about 90% of the songs I get e-mailed every day, but here are three recent ones that I like a lot.


If I made an actual non-ADD "best of 2009" list Pictureplane's Dark Rift would be on it. I won't, but it would.


Chew Lips' songs, unremixed, sound to me like they'd play in an 80s movie montage where a bunch of nerds are building something. At the very least someone would be touching a plasma lamp. If that sounds like it could describe a lot of bands these days: Fair enough.


This is off a sampler from The Record Machine and you can grab more State Bird mp3s (as well as some from other artists on the label) on their site.

No comments: