Friday, November 20, 2009

FDBD (Sooner or Later You'll Bury Your Teeth)


The air gets colder and thinner by the day, leaves are crunchy brown on the ground, pumpkins somehow surviving on porches have mouths that curve inward as they rot so they look like toothless old men smiling at me as I walk past. Everything I see seems witchy-spooky in that autumn way, still. Maybe that's why most songs I've listened to these last few weeks could be the soundtrack to pagan rituals in the woods. I only like magical faerie sprite music now. FDBD For Druids By Druids.


I completely slept on Ys because I found The Milk-Eyed Mender pretentious verging on unlistenable when it came out. Ys won't let me even think about whether I like it or not, because it's too busy exploding my brain.


The 1973 "Wicker Man" is one of the few movies that truly creeps me out and the soundtrack really captures its amazing Ren-Fair-gone-horribly-awry spookiness.


My friend Howard recommended The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter after learning of my Ys obsession and yes exactly.


I get that Rolan Bolan is Marc Bolan and Gloria Jones' son and he probably DID dance himself right out the womb and stuff, but just because you can doesn't mean you should.

No comments: