Tuesday, November 11, 2008

but you're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

My trip back east was a full-to-bursting four and a half days that went by too fast. I learned that six months is at once a short and long time and found a lot of comfort in familiar food, voices, and neighborhoods. I was awed and inspired by some people's generosity of spirit and disappointed and confused by others' lack thereof — which underscored my recent realization that there is absolutely no way to predict anything, and that one's perception of another person really is nothing more or less than a perception. I had some meaningless fun that felt kind of oddly meaningful and managed to make it through two days in Delaware without referencing the Wayne's World joke once. All in all, days so well spent that I was grateful for even the ugly parts. I miss you, but it's clearer than ever that I have every reason to leave you behind.

Ween - You Were the Fool (div share)

LCD Soundsystem - New York I Love You, But You're Bringing Me Down (div share)

No comments: