Friday, July 11, 2008

LP3

I got the new Ratatat today, and I'm so pleasantly surprised by how much I like it even on just the first full listen. When their first album came out in 2004 it was a total revelation to me; I remember wishing this was the direction Daft Punk would go in after "Discovery," but the next year they just got even glitzier (and, to me, less interesting) with "Human After All." "Ratatat" sounded like what it was--two Brooklyn dudes futzing around in a room--in the sense that the songs all had the same guitar-and-synthesizer sound. But the bare-bones quality just made it more cohesive as a full album overall, introspective and warm-sounding. I guess I wanted more from their second album because it just seemed like more of the same to me. Maybe I was too quick to dismiss it though, and should stop hating on the fact that they have a 'trademark sound.' I'm officially in love with Ratatat again!
Stream "LP3" here.
Buy it here.

Ratatat - Falcon Jab (alt link)

2 comments:

亚酥 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

We film their live in Paris last november..; and I definitively felt in love with their childish psychedelism too ;)

You can check the full concert video here: www.grandcrew.com/videos/74 !

Enjoy watching as much as we enjoyed filming it ;)r