Friday, March 28, 2008

Toddla Time


Sheffield DJ Toddla T still has no plans to come to the U.S., and it hurts my feelings. Although Crystal Castles' show on Tuesday was pretty good (her vocals were too low but the beats were hott), I'd classify the dance party level as just "Some Dancing Situations" and not "All Out War," despite the fact that it felt like it because Studio B is a sweatbox and you leave drenched no matter what. Listening to this mix by Toddla (who is seriously about three years old, see above) reminds me it's been way too long since I danced to some dancehall, and I'm really into his heavily reggae-infused sound.

Toddla T Mix

Download the really good "Ghettoblaster #1" mixtape here:
(myspace)

1 comment:

Yesnomonkey said...

Do you know anything about the tracklist of this mix? It's just amazing!