Friday, August 24, 2007

A Pixies sample!? (An open marriage-proposal to Diplo)

I'm doing an 'ode to my 1990s raver days' post really soon, and one of the reasons I love Diplo is that he's still coming with songs that I could have heard at Palladium back before it became an NYU dorm. Also, he looks just like the boys in Liquid Sky jeans that would line the hallways chanting "X, X, X, K, K, K" at you the second you got into the party; for this I find him very attractive (hangs head in shame). Hey, if he was good enough for M.I.A....

Diplo - Must Be a Devil - from an Itunes Exclusive live session
Diplo - Diplo Your Head
Spank Rock - Put That Pussy On Me (Diplo Tonite Remix)

He and Switch are playing a handful of tour dates this September, and New York is sadly left out.
Check out Bonde Do Role, a baile funk outfit signed to Diplo's Mad Decent label: (Myspace)

No comments: