Friday, September 4, 2009

my day just got a little more Joe Francis.


[The setting: A parking lot on Milwaukee Avenue. Trudging home and kicking the dust after receiving some disappointing news on the career front, I remember that I need paper towels. I mean, just because you underperform on the hardest edit test ever written doesn't mean the world stops making countertop messes for you to sop up. As I walk to the drug store I can't help but notice the giant pink bus out front, so I stop and gawk. Within seconds a white pickup truck pulls up next to me; inside are two boys not older than 22 wearing safety-orange vests.]

Boy 1: Do you want to go inside?
Me: What! Just...you do this right here? In the CVS parking lot?
Boy 2: Yeah. Well, we'll also be at the club later on tonight [gestures over his shoulder to a club that often has a line of chubby women teetering on heels after 10]. Sure you don't want to come in?
Me: Ha! Uh. No thank you! I'm too...wow. [starting to walk away]
Boy 2: You have what it takes!*

Curtain.


*What it takes: big boobs, the rank stench of vulnerability and failure

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I got a good chuckle and yet felt sad by your retelling of events. Good luck on the job front and thanks for posting an apt song!