Friday, January 4, 2008

Deesco Deesco Deesco! (You in My House Now)

My love for disco was born before I was: I'd do somersaults in my mother's stomach whenever she would play it, though at the time she didn't know if I wanted her to turn it off or up. In junior high I was saddened to realize that through a cruel trick of cosmic timing I would never get to enjoy the glittery gold lamé heyday my parents did; Mom helpfully informed me that someday I could find the really good music by hitting the gay clubs. I was sixteen when my dad gave me a mix by Dave "The Wave" Dresden and told me check out the raves he was throwing around New Haven, and that was pretty much it for me. Soon I was discovering my own hedonistic heyday and remembering that dance music has always been my favorite thing, ever. These three songs were all released in the past year but they sure take me back.

Ultracity - Twelve Year Drive
Slick Swedish perfection (myspace)

Puzique - Don't Go
Boys Noize + D.I.M. queen-out

White Girl Lust - Tail Light Bump

No comments: