Friday, December 7, 2007

Everyday is B'Day

When I have a busy workday, I listen to the same two albums like clockwork: Fugazi's "The Argument" in the morning and Beyonce's "B'Day" after lunch. Her first album only had four good songs and I pretty much sold it right away. "B'Day," on the other hand, is a mothereffing masterpiece — second only to Destiny's Child's "The Writing's On the Wall" as my favorite work in Beyonce's oeuvre.

If for some twisted reason you don't already love B, you will after watching FourFour's highlight reel of her completely ba-nay-nays concert DVD. Go, go now. I'll wait.
See? She's magic. She wails and flails and and kills it and puts her back into it and sometimes she just plain falls down. You can catch me at her next MSG show, hysterically crying, mouthing all the lyrics and clamoring for her upper-lip schweat soaked towel.

'Upgrade U' is perfection despite "I can do for you what Martin did for the people." She means Martin Lawrence! Healing the world with laffs!
Beyonce - Upgrade U
Beyonce - Krazy in Luv (Rockwilder rmx)

No comments: