Friday, November 2, 2007

I Be On That Kryptonite

A few years ago, Chuck Klosterman wrote a piece for Esquire describing the difference between an archenemy and a nemesis, and why it's kind of great to have either one. While virtually everything else I've ever read by him makes me annoyed ("Sex Drugs and Cocoa Puffs" is like being cornered at a party by some windbag who won't let you get a word in edgewise and still tries to divine some sort of deep significance from the pop-culture bath that Baumbauch/Smith/Tarantino/Linklater sucked dry for movie scripts in the 90s), this article really spoke to me. While I have more than my fair share of soured friendships, I would love to know that someone is sweating me to the point of fist-shaking vengeance. At the very least, I'd settle for a nemesis that could be the target of my finely honed yet sadly underused across-the-room withering stares. Any takers?

Yo Majesty - Kryptonite Pussy (UMYO remix)
Purple Ribbon All-Stars feat. Big Boi - Kryptonite
Girl Talk - Bounce That

No comments: